What to expect at your new kitten visit
Click on the blue links to get more information
1. Clinical History- This part of the visit we will find out how your new kitten is doing. The focus of these questions is to help assess the current health and help develop a plan to keep your new kitten healthy.
2. Physical Exam- this part of the visit both the veterinarian and assitant will examine all body systems from "nose to tail". We will discuss with you any abnormalities that are uncovered.
3. Vaccines- These are injections that kittens recieve to help build their immune system and assist in protection against certain infectious disease. We currently recommend two types of vaccines for kittens and cats. One is the FVRCP (Feline Rhinotracheitis, Calici virus, Panleukopenia combination vaccine)and the other is Rabies vaccine. Click here to get more information on vaccines and the diseases they are helping to protect against.
4. Fecal Testing- Please bring a fecal sample to the visit. Click here for more information on gastrointestinal parasites.
5. Blood Testing- We can ascertain alot of information on physical exam, however we can obtain even moe if we perform blood testing. This helps us discover dieases and syndromes earlier and also gives us a baseline. Click here for more information on blood testing.